This heraldry shield features a Tudor English Rose against a cream background.
Made of plaster and paint finished, it has the most wonderful patina and is in original and untouched condition.
This item forms part of a large set of plaster heraldry shields some of which were made to celebrate the coronation of King George V in 1911, others we believe were from the coronation of our Queen in 1953.
This entire set of heraldry shields was found in the attic of the social club belonging to the British United Shoe Machinery Company in Leicester. They had been left undisturbed there wrapped in brown paper and string…a label with 1910 was found attached to the reverse of one.
See other listings for details of other shields in the collection.
Size – 48 x 42 x 4.5cm
A NOTE ON CONDITION – PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PAINTED PLASTER FINISH IS FRAGILE AND THAT THERE ARE PLACES WHERE THE PAINT HAS COME AWAY TO REVEAL THE WHITE PLASTER BASE. NO HARSH CLEANING FLUIDS HAVE BEEN USED OR TOUCHING UP TO THE PAINT TO ENSURE THAT THESE RARE ITEMS REMAIN IN ORIGINAL CONDITION